Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Get Well and a Hike!

Our Daily Bread designs

Wind advisory yesterday, frost in the forecast this week… we must be in Ohio!!! Ugh!

I enjoyed a 1.5 hour massage yesterday at Harmony Farms which just happens to be minutes from Charleston Falls. I thought the Redbuds would be in full bloom and hoped to get some good pictures. So, along with a friend who was also getting a massage, we hiked down to the Redbud valley. Somewhat of a disappointment! Although blooming, there weren’t very many….not one picture!

The falls were roaring again after all the rain we’ve had, so I stopped for another shot…………..I could stay there for hours (on a nice, warm day! and no appointment in minutes!)

Charlestons Falls, Dawn Lusk

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I needed a masculine get well card and the sketch challenge on Splitcoast was perfect for it.

Our Daily Bread designs

I used Our Daily Bread designs The Waves on the Sea, colored with Copics and sponged the sky with Distress inks and used Layered Lacey Squares. The background is Fishing Net stamped in Old Paper on Kraft. The sentiment is from April Showers, leaving off inking up the umbrella, clouds from Clouds and Raindrops dies.

I love doing a fisherman knot with this type of card.

Our Daily Bread designs

Enjoy YOUR day, friends!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

1 comments :

Bernadette said...

I love the card, Dawn! And I love the picture of the falls.