Friday, August 15, 2014

We’re Looking Back at the ODBD August Release

 

Our Daily Bread designs

Today we’re taking a look back at the ODBD August release, and I’m still wishing I was at the beach!!! Sigh….

Here is what I used for my card today along with an older set, Happy Retirement.

Our Daily Bread designs

RegularSizeSet

 

 

 

 

Flip Flop Border Die

 

 

 

 

 


LifeBetterTreasuresWM
I stamped the beach scene in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics, waves are white gel pen, cut with Labels 21, and added some twine.

The sand dollar from Ocean Treasures, flip flops from Life is Better are both stamped in Ranger Brushed Corduroy and clear embossed. The sand dollar is hand cut. I used that fun Flip Flop Border die for the flip flops.

The base is a Sizzix embossing folder sponged with Brushed Corduroy. The sentiment is stamped in Ranger Jet Black and clear embossed, cut with Fancy Framed Tags II, and sponged.

LifeBetterTreasures-sd

If YOU happen to be close enough to the beach… think of me! Stick your toes in the sand, walk in the surf, gather some shells….. Enjoy!

And for more August creations, visit the ODBD blog and my sister sticks!

Julie * Cathy * Paula * Grace * Chris * Lori * Sandee * Wanda * Stacy

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

4 comments :

Grace said...

So so pretty Dawn! I was thinking the Happy Retirement set would be perfect with these new sets and you proved me right! Love the ef you used and your always beautiful coloring!!! Awesome as always!!!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So creative and beautiful Dawn!! I love the coloring of the Happy Retirement Palm scene and your addition of the neutral borders and sand dollar. Gorgeous my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Cathymac said...

You make the most beautiful skies, Dawn! This one is so tropical looking and gorgeous! Love the design with the flip flop border and the sand dollar! A tropical beauty for sure! Hugs!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Dawn! Love your fun beachy card. Great colors and layout. The flip flop border & sand dollar are perfect for this scene.